A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
|Site state management
||We use this to maintain state mamangement. This session cookie is stored in the memory and deleted when the end user closes the browser.
||We use this in the content management system administration to authenticate the user(admin) against the data store. This is stored in the memory and deleted when the end user closes the browser. We have set the protection to all - that is it is encrypted and validated.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to help us improve the site.
Collection of your personal data
- From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply Tekcent Limited ("Tekcent" or "we") with personal information and particulars to enable us to carry out the activities described in paragraph 3 below. We may be unable to carry out such activities if you do not provide the necessary information and particulars.
- We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal information and particulars provided by you and all information generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as "Data".
Purposes for which your personal data are used
- We may use your Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- marketing and promoting services, products, facilities and other subjects (please see further details in "Use of your personal data in direct marketing" section below);
- communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means;
- conducting research and/or analysis from time to time to better understand your preferences, interests, experiences and/or habits;
- designing new and/or enhancing existing services, products, facilities or any other activities relating to our business;
- managing customer relationship;
- making disclosure when required by law or court order of any jurisdiction, or as requested by any government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation;
- protecting the rights or properties of Tekcent Limited and subsidiaries and associated companies of Tekcent in good faith, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed by such interfering activities;
- any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above or any other purpose which you may from time to time agree.
Transfer of your personal data
- To facilitate the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Data with the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong) except that we will not transfer your Data to another party for it to use in direct marketing, and your Data may be transferred outside Hong Kong:
- Tekcent and subsidiaries and associated companies of Tekcent;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer or other services to or support the operation of our business (including our direct marketing activities);
- any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation to whom we are required or requested to disclose or transfer data; and
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our accountants, legal advisers or other professional advisers).
Use of your personal data in direct marketing
- We are allowed to use your Data in direct marketing only if you consent or do not object.
- In connection with direct marketing, we intend:
- to use your name, contact details, customer profiling information, services and products portfolio information, and transaction pattern and behaviour collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time; and
- to market and promote our core services and products as described in our website.
- You may write to our Privacy Compliance Officer at the address below or contact us via the contact information provided in our direct marketing materials to opt out from direct marketing at any time.
How to access or correct your personal data or contact us
- You are entitled to access or correct your Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Data or if you believe that any of your Data which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please contact us in writing.
- In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.